EURO WISDOM Activities at EURO 2022 @ Espoo
The EURO WISDOM (Women In Society Doing Operational Research and Management Science) Forum promotes the participation of all genders in OR. You’ll find more information about the EURO WISDOM Forum here. We invite you to join us at the
- The Forums Roundtable on Research Funding, MF-01, 17:30, 1A
- YoungWomen4OR (YW4OR) Three sessions TC-32, TD-32 and WD-32. This is a visibility initiative for young women at early career stage in OR. The YW4OR awardees will present their research portfolio to the EURO audience at these sessions;
- Results of the WUSDOM Survey on Career Paths in OR, WD-34 14:30-16:00 – T003
Session 1: Data Science and Optimization, TC-32, 12:30, F101, Chair Paula Carroll, UCD, Ireland:
- “Aspects of Routing in Sustainable Mobility and Logistics: Models, Algorithms and Complexity”, Philine Schiewe, Technical University Kaiserslautern, Germany;
- “Computational methods to deal with complex data”, Maria Remedios Sillero-Denamiel, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland;
- “New models and methods for data science via mathematical optimization”, Sandra Benitez-Pena, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain;
- “Optimal Randomized Classification and Regression Trees”, Cristina Molero Del Rio, University of Seville, Spain.
Session 2: Bi-level Optimization, TD-32, 14:30, F101, chai Annunziata Esposito Amideo, Assistant Professor in Management Information Systems, University College Dublin, Ireland:
- “Convergent algorithms for a class of bilevel programs”, Martina Cerulli, ESSEC Business School, France;
- “Feature Selection in (Functional) SVM via Bilevel Optimization”, Asunción Jimenez-Cordero, University of Malaga, Spain;
- “Robust and Bilevel Optimization playing together for Decision Making”, Marina Leal Palazon, Universidad Miguel Hernandez, Spain;
- “Urban Logistics and Mobility: How can we do better?”, Layla Martin, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands.
Session 3: Logistics WC-32, 12:30, F101 chair Dilek Gunnec, Assistant Professor of Industrial Engineering, Ozyegin University, Turkey:
- “Operations Research Application for Solving Transportation Problems”, Lorena Reyes-Rubiano, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany;
- “Stochastic Nash Equilibrium Problems during emergency situations”, Georgia Fargetta, University of Catania, Italy;
- “Time is Money: Scheduling in Production and Logistics”, Julia Lange, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany;
- “Using real-time information to plan a Smart Waste Collection Operation”, Carolina Soares de Morais, IST, University of Lisbon, Portugal.
Annunziata Esposito Amideo will present results of the survey conducted at EURO 2021 on gender dimensions of the EURO community in the Ethics and OR Stream in WD-34 in T003.
If you are interested to hear more about any of the above topics or networking with the authors, do join us for these sessions!